Nike, was originally known as the Blue Ribbon Sport (RBS), founded by University of Oregon track athletes Phil Knight and his coach, Bill Bowerman, on January 25, 1966. And officially became Nike, Inc. on May 30, 1971. Nike was named after a Greek goddess “Nike”, which was known to be a goddess of strength, speed and victory. Nike is seen with wings in most statues and paintings, with one of the most famous being the Winged Victory of Samothrace.
Nike logo: the Nike swoosh, is one of the most recognized logo in the world and image so iconic. It was designed by graphic designer Carolyn Davidson in 1971. Her invoice total for this important piece of design history was $35. Davidson came up with the Nike Swoosh, a check mark shape that is fluid and indicates movement and speed. The image also resembles a wing and hinted at the brand name, Nike, named after the Greek goddess of victory.
With advancement in science and technology Nike kept launching new editions of their landmark training shoes and fashion shoes. They developed Nike Shox in 2000 which was very well-received worldwide and has developed an idea of Nike+ in 2003 in partnership with apple.The Nike+iPod Sports Kit is an activity tracker device, developed by Nike, Inc., which measures and records the distance and pace of a walk or run. The Nike+iPod consists of a small transmitter device attached to or embedded in a shoe, which communicates with either the Nike+ Sportband, a receiver plugged into an iPod Nano, or directly with a 2nd Generation iPod Touch (or higher), iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, or a Nike+ Sportwatch. If using the iPod or the iPhone, iTunes software can be used to view the walk or run history.
Features and benefits of Nike shoes
- Flexibility: The pair of Nike shoes make a perfect flexibility which is required in any sports shoes that allow and enable maximum performance.
- Support: They provide optimum and excellent support. The Nike shoes comes with a herringbone pattern and a solid rubber, which adds to the comfort and support of users.
- Light weight: one most important feature required in sport shoes is lightweight, enabling the sport person get to the final line with ease. So, despite the comfort and flexibility, they are very light in nature and very durable allowing the user reap the benefit of it lasting nature.
- Prevent foot injuries: One of the important purpose of shoe is ability to protect and prevent injuries from the hazardous environment. Nike shoe gain popularity and attention in sport due to it ability to protect feet during sport participation.
- Cushioning/pressure absorbing: They are designed in such a way to provide cushioning e.g air Max, has a premium leather on the top side of the design and air sole unit which provides enough cushioning and shock absorption.
Fashion Nike shoes.
With advancement in technology Nike inc. shift from just sport shoes to fashion shoes which are used by both men and women for social outing, gathering and as a show off of one background and status in the society. The Nike brand, with its distinct V-shaped has become a modern urban fashion for supper star artist, models, and performing artist.
The legendary path of Nike in sport
Nike sells an assortment of products, including shoes and apparel for sports activities like association football, basketball, running, combat sports, tennis, American football, athletics, golf, and cross training for men, women, and children. Nike also sells shoes for outdoor activities such as tennis, golf, skateboarding, association football, baseball, American football, cycling, volleyball, wrestling, cheer leading, aquatic activities, auto racing, and other athletic and recreational uses.
The Nike Inc. shared a strong bond relationship with famous athletes such as Michael Jordan the greatest basketball player of all time that enable the popularity of the brand both locally, globally and internationally. Christiano Ronaldo one of the highest-paid endorsers in sports history, in November 2016 became the third person (after basketball superstars Michael Jordan and LeBron James) to earn a “lifetime” contract from the sportswear company Nike.
Also, despite a series of potentially career-ending injuries and setbacks, Williams amassed more Grand Slam titles than any active player in the game with 34…and counting. Known for her style and self-expression on the court, as well as her strong training ethic, Williams claimed a leading role in Nike’s ATHLETE campaign in 2007, and in Delicious Training in 2011. Serena was also one of the first athletes to be featured in the Nike+ Training Club app when it re-launched in 2013.
Various brand of Nike shoes products
- Air Jordan is a brand of basketball shoes produced by Nike. It was created for former professional basketball player Michael Jordan. The original Air Jordan sneakers were produced exclusively for Jordan in early 1984, and released to the public in late 1984. The shoes were designed by Peter Moore and Bruce Kilgore.
- Air Force is another brand of Nike athletes shoe designed by Bruce Kilgore and was the first basketball ball shoe to use the Nike air technology. These include air Force 1, air Force 2, air Force 3, air Force STS, air Force 5, air Force XXV and air Force 09.
- Nike Blazer is a basketball sneaker first made in 1973 by Nike and first worn by George “The Iceman” Gervin. However, it is no longer marketed as a basketball sneaker, it is now considered a retro/casual sneaker.
- Nike air Max is another line of shoe originally designed and produce by Tinkey Hatfield and released by Nike, Inc. in 1987.
Bowerman and Knight made it easier
Nike’s footwear ideal has evolved, but Bowerman’s preoccupation with creating products that enable athletes to perform at their highest potential continues to fuel Nike’s culture of innovation. Contemporary examples can be found in footwear technologies such as the Nike Free articulated outsoled and the impressive woven-in support of Nike Flyknit upper.
The journey of Nike inc. come a long way with just an Idea of Bowerman and Knight enabling the human race enjoy a premium and excellent designed of shoes. As long as shoes are concerned, Nike has one of the best products one can ever think of, having a range of features from flexibility, cushioning, protection, lightweight and performance enhancement. So far, so good, Nike has cover over 60% of the U. S market, having the leading shoe sales per year.
If you do have any question, comment or suggestions do not hesitate to leave them behind for I will be very glad to help you out.